Parents are always the ones who are dishing out travel tips on how to travel with kids. I thought it would be fun to pass the microphone over to the other experts … kids!
Just “asking” kids for their tips may not be good enough to inspire the best thinking, so we asked our friends at Barefoot Books to provide a little motivation.
The result? Hello, great giveaway just for kids!
Barefoot Books is an award-winning publisher of children’s books; their mission is to get kids to think more about exploring our planet and the global community – a match made in heaven for families who prioritize travel and think of it as a means to educate their children.
Eight lucky kids will have an opportunity to shop in the Barefoot Books store for free and choose a book for their prize. Given that Barefoot produces books for all ages, everyone can find something they are excited about.
1. Ask your kids to give you their best tip and submit it as a comment on our blog. Please include the child’s first name and age at the end of the tip. Each of your children can make a comment for an entry. Make sure you go to the Rafflecopter widget and let us know you left a comment.
2. At Midnight EST on Tuesday, September 6th, all entries collected through the Rafflecopter widget will be sifted through Random.org and the eight winners will be selected. That’s a lot of winning possibilities!
3. In addition to the blog comment, you can get more entries by doing one or more of the following. Each action is worth an additional entry!
Note: All actions must be entered into the Rafflecopter widget in order to be counted as an entry.
*Follow Barefoot Books on Twitter @liveBarefoot
*Like Barefoot Books on Facebook
*Add your tips to Ciao Bambino’s wall on Facebook
Devon, my 8-year-old, will kick the thing off. Here are his 10 best family travel tips. What do these tips say about me? A hiking-crazy, luxury hotel fanatic who brings my dog everywhere? Yep, that pretty much sums it up.
1. Do not do many hikes
2. Stay at hotel with lots of stars
3. Look up a place before going
4. Bring a scooter or skateboard and find places with no rocks
5. Do not bring your dog to a place that does not allow dogs
6. In Switzerland, bring a dog
7. When on a trip, give kids a surprise
8. Get a souvenir from your destination
9. Look for hotels with a pool
10. Have fun
To enter, wait for the Rafflecopter widget to load below. Leave a comment on the blog and make sure you tell us you did so in the Rafflecopter entry form.
Each action in the Rafflecopter widget (below) earns you an entry. Actions will only be counted one time with the exception of the “Leave a blog comment” for families with multiple children -each child may have an entry. Important Note for families with multiple children: After you click “I did this” for the “Leave a blog comment” entry on the Rafflecopter widget, you will need to close and reopen the Ciao Bambino website to refresh the widget and repeat those same steps for each child’s entry.
Winners will be contacted with instructions on how to choose their book. Good luck!
Want to save all the great intel and tips you are finding on Ciao Bambino? My Trip Planner allows you to bookmark articles, family-friendly hotel reviews, and family vacation packages. Simply click the heart icon on anything you want to save. Site registration is required to get started. Happy planning!
Please fillout the form below to create your free My Trip Planner account.