Queenstown New Zealand
It is hard to believe it is already the eve of 2010. This past year went by ridiculously fast. I love that the start of a new year means my husband has vacation days again, i.e. let travel planning begin!
Looking back, we had fantastic adventures in 2009. We are so fortunate to have the opportunity to explore the world together.
It’s hard to pick just 10, but here is my list of our top 2009 travel experiences.
9. Exploring Old Town San Juan, Puerto Rico. We all enjoyed the old-world elements of this multi-cultural city.
8. Visiting the kangaroos at the Taronga Zoo in Sydney. I still laugh when I look at this photo!
7. Taking in a performance of the Sydney Symphony Orchestra at the Opera House followed by a black tie dinner overlooking the harbor. Magic!
6. Jet boating down a river on the South Island of New Zealand. What a rush in one of the most beautiful places on earth.
5. Exploring the Dordogne region of France with 3 boys under 10. The fields of sunflowers left all of us speechless.
3. Learning about wild horses at the Wild Horse Sanctuary in Northern California. We fell in love with the horses and the important work this non-profit is doing to preserve these animals.
2. Taking our annual summer trip to North Lake Tahoe. In my view this is one of the best vacation destinations for kids and adults of all ages.
1. We celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary in Santa Barbara at San Ysidro Ranch. What a treat! This is truly a special venue with luxurious accommodations in a spectacular setting.
These highlights are in no particular order. Every trip was equally wonderful in its own way. Here’s to more of the same in 2010.
Happy New Year!
Want to save all the great intel and tips you are finding on Ciao Bambino? My Trip Planner allows you to bookmark articles, family-friendly hotel reviews, and family vacation packages. Simply click the heart icon on anything you want to save. Site registration is required to get started. Happy planning!
Please fillout the form below to create your free My Trip Planner account.
This is a challenging time for our clients given the uncertainty around the spread of coronavirus, particularly for those with near-term travel plans in impacted areas. We’re working with our suppliers on being flexible with their booking conditions, and enabling families to postpone travel to a later date without a penalty, when possible. Likewise, given the unpredictability around destinations that may be impacted in the future, we’re helping clients planning new trips and understand ways that they can protect themselves until the situation improves. We are ready to help our clients work through questions and concerns.