Borgo Pignano

Loc. Pignano, 6

  • Baby Ready
  • Toddler Fun
  • School Age Action
  • Cool for Teens
  • Hotels with In-Room Kitchens
  • Hotels with Kids' Clubs
  • Borgo Pignano is a beautifully appointed Tuscan borgo (village) — with a villa, a church and several farmhouses — that transports guests to the age of the Italian Renaissance while retaining modern comforts and an upscale ambiance. Families feel right at home in spacious accommodations and quickly become part of the Borgo Pignano family while playing games on the expansive lawn, lounging by the infinity pool, relaxing by a soaring fireplace in the library, taking in the Tuscan countryside views or visiting the kitchen to witness meals being prepared fresh from the organic garden. Onsite activities are plentiful at this 750-acre estate, from art classes for kids to hiking trails, horseback riding and yoga classes, and the Borgo Pignano staff is happy to include children in day-to-day farm and garden activities. When families are ready to explore off-property, charming Tuscan hill towns are within an easy drive and Siena and Florence are more or less an hour away. Borgo Pignano offers ‘maisonettes’ and farmhouses ideal for larger families, and all accommodations include breakfast.

     

     

    • Category: HotelVilla
    • Location: Countryside
    • Standard: Upscale
    • Style: Old World
    Discover the location of this hotel.

    Our Reviewer's Favorite Features

    • Baby Ready: Crib and highchair available
    • Toddler Fun: Plenty of open spaces for young kids to run around
    • School Age Action: Horseback riding and age-appropriate activities available onsite
    • Cool For Teens: Plenty of space for independence
    • Central home base for area exploration
    • Family-friendly public areas, including gardens
    • Farm with animals including goats, chickens and horses
    • Variety of room and cottage options for families
    • Apartment-like amenities paired with hotel services
    • Fantastic atmosphere and views
    • Variety of onsite sports and activities
    • Resident artists in peak season

    Families Should Know

    • Swimming pool is unfenced and unheated
    • Swimming pool has limited family hours, new family pool will open for summer 2017
    • Some indoor public spaces are more formal, but there are plenty of places for families to go to feel like they aren’t disturbing other guests
    • Babysitting referrals available at 20€+ per hour
    • WIFI is free
    • Complimentary kids’ club, meal supplements may apply
    • TV room open to all guests. (La Canonica residence has one TV available on the ground floor for guests to use.)

    Sports + Activities

    • swimming
    • biking
    • hiking
    • yoga
    • horseback riding
    • variety of onsite sessions and workshops
    • guided tours
    • organic vegetable garden

    Local Excursions

    • Florence
    • Pisa
    • Lucca
    • Siena
    • Volterra
    • Italian hill towns

    Amenities

    • rooms, suites, maisonettes/cottages
    • breakfast included in room rate
    • fully equipped kitchens with cottage and farmhouse rentals
    • fresh flowers in room upon arrival
    • free (unattended) parking
    • WIFI in rooms and public areas
    • daily housekeeping
    • 2 restaurants: one gourmet, one seasonal, al fresco
    • organic vegetable garden
    • massage treatment room
    • fitness room and classes
    • swimming pool
    • kids’ club for ages 4-12 (June-August)
    • mountain bikes
    • cooking/yoga/art classes
    • sauna and Turkish bath
    • onsite stables
    • concierge
    • babysitting on request
    • laundry service
    # of peopleStarting at
    2-3220D T B
    4330D T B
    5-6390D T B
    7380D T B
    Legend
    • D - daily pricing
    • W - weekly pricing
    • T - tax included
    • B - breakfast included
    • I - all-inclusive

    Preferred Room

    2-Bedroom Maisonette

    Guest Room Highlights

    • Spacious
    • Ideal configuration for sleeping
    • Comfortable beds
    • Stunning views
    • Well-appointed bathroom
    • Kitchenette/kitchen facilities
    • Quiet
    • Convenient to rest of property
    • Safe for babies and toddlers
    • Cribs/high chairs lent free of charge
    •  Italian Moka coffee makers in Maisonnettes and farmhouses
    • Hair dryers

    Booking Conditions

    • Additional person fee: < 12 free, > 12 €60 per night
    • Deposit required for reservations June-September
    • Cancellation, off-season: < 72 hours 1 night accommodation fee for stays 1-3 nights, 50% for stays more than 3 nights
    • Cancellation, June-September: 60-31 days before arrival, 25% of the total booking; 30-15 days before arrival, 50% of the total booking; 14–0 days before arrival/no show, 75% of the total booking