There are so many things to love about summer, but family vacations top the list. My family takes advantage of every moment, squeezing getaways in between work commitments, kids athletic practices, and camps. This summer, Omni Hotels & Resorts is bringing the best of camp and vacation together. Fun camp style activities like scavenger hunts, paired with plenty of vacation moments for parents to unwind and relax. I spent a weekend with my girls at the Omni San Francisco Hotel, and it was a perfect way to kick off the start of summer vacation.
1. Complimentary Guided Walking Tours Every Saturday at 10 am, tours feature San Francisco history, architecture, legends and more. Provided by San Francisco City Guides, the tours change weekly and last 1-2 hours. They’re very casual, so when the kids are done, you can easily head off on your own.
2. Hop on a Cable Car You can’t visit San Francisco and not ride a cable car. The California cable car line stops right across from the hotel at the corner of California and Montgomery Streets.
3. Golden Gate Fortune Cookie Factory This factory has been supplying fortune cookies to Chinatown and the world since 1962. See how the addicting cookies are put together and try a sample.
4. Eat Dim Sum Fun finger food that’s easy to eat on the move. Sticky pork buns, sweet egg custard buns and sesame seed balls are common kid favorites.
5. Portsmouth Square Chinatown’s meeting point. Kids will love the playground. Parents will love the people watching.
6. Children’s Creativity Museum Formerly known as Zeum, The Children’s Creativity Museum is a hands on art and technology museum for kids. Don’t miss the carousel and the Yerba Buena Gardens Children’s Playground.
7. Metreon The AMC Loews Metreon features 16 movie screens including an IMAX theater.
8. Union Square This is the place to shop in San Francisco! You’ll find all the major chains and some smaller, independent boutiques here.
9. Ferry Building The Ferry Building is located along the Embarcadero at the foot of Market Street. Along with serving as the transit hub that connects San Francisco’s neighborhoods and surrounding bay communities, it’s a gourmet food hub. Inside there’s everything from artisan cheeses, to fresh fish to gourmet burgers and fries. Outside, every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday the Farmers Market sets up offering a variety of fruits, vegetables, and flowers.
10. San Francisco Giants Baseball Game Swing Batter! You can jump on a Muni street car steps from the Ferry Building and in a matter of minutes be at AT&T Park, home of the San Francisco Giants.
Dana and her family received complimentary accommodations at the Omni San Francisco Hotel and complimentary tickets from the San Francisco Giants, but as always, her thoughts and opinions are her own. Photo by Dana Rebmann
Mother-daughter family fun at Omni Berkshire Place Hotel New York City
Want to save all the great intel and tips you are finding on Ciao Bambino? My Trip Planner allows you to bookmark articles, family-friendly hotel reviews, and family vacation packages. Simply click the heart icon on anything you want to save. Site registration is required to get started. Happy planning!
Please fillout the form below to create your free My Trip Planner account.
This is a challenging time for our clients given the uncertainty around the spread of coronavirus, particularly for those with near-term travel plans in impacted areas. We’re working with our suppliers on being flexible with their booking conditions, and enabling families to postpone travel to a later date without a penalty, when possible. Likewise, given the unpredictability around destinations that may be impacted in the future, we’re helping clients planning new trips and understand ways that they can protect themselves until the situation improves. We are ready to help our clients work through questions and concerns.