Monsignor della Casa is a family-oriented resort located 45 minutes northeast of Florence. Guest accommodations include standalone villas and apartments with kitchen facilities and spacious living areas. There’s an extensive number of kid-friendly things to do onsite, including tennis, volleyball, swimming, table tennis, and a huge expanse of open grass for playing. Meanwhile, parents have access to a spa and gym. An onsite restaurant and wine bar gives families the choice of cooking in or eating out. The location is ideal for regional sightseeing.
Our Reviewer's Favorite Features
- Baby Ready: Crib and highchair available
- Toddler Fun: Open, safe areas for running around
- School Age Action: Near age-appropriate sights and activities
- Cool For Teens: Near age-appropriate sights and activities
- Apartment amenities, including kitchen facilities
- Family-oriented atmosphere with 27 apartments
- Spectacular setting and views
- Fabulous outdoor space for families
- Onsite restaurant serving breakfast and dinner
- Idyllic rural setting with easy access to Florence
Families Should Know
- Open from March 17 to November 12, 2016
- Main swimming pools (open April-Oct) are unfenced but set away from guest units. They are not heated.
- Private pools are unfenced and close to some guest rooms
- Adult and family swimming pools available (not heated)
- Property pricing is à la carte – housekeeping and cleaning services are extra. Extra cleanings 30€/hr.
- Restaurant operation varies. Reservations required. May to October – Open for dinner every night. March 17 to April 30 – restaurant is open only Thurs, Fri, Saturday (& Easter Sun/Mon). Nov 1 to 12 the restaurant is open only Fri & Saturday.
- Light Lunch in olive-tree square is available by reservation everyday from May 23 to Sept 30.
- Typical Buffet Breakfast is 16€/person/day, 9€ children ages 4-10.
- Most units do not have washing machines, but shared laundry facilities are available.
- Air-conditioning availability changes by unit.
- Many units have showers only; baby tubs available on request.
- 5- to 7-night minimum stay requirement, depending on season.
- Nearest hospital is 3km
- Free WIFI in public areas and rooms
Sports + Activities
- horseback riding
- bike rental
- designer shopping outlet
- wine tasting
- San Gimignano
- apartments and villas
- fully equipped kitchen facilities
- hair dryer
- private balcony or terrace
- WIFI in rooms and public areas
- shared laundry (some units have private laundry facilities)
- restaurant/wine bar serving meals
- disabled access in 2 of the apartments
- two swimming pools and Jacuzzi
- spa and wellness center
- fitness room
- children’s play area
- tennis/volleyball courts/table tennis
- mountain bike rentals available
- front desk for local assistance
- private parking
|# of people||Starting at|
- D - daily pricing
- W - weekly pricing
- T - tax included
- B - breakfast included
- I - all-inclusive
Guest Room Highlights
- Good configuration for sleeping
- Beautiful view
- Kitchenette/kitchen facilities
- Safe for babies/toddlers
- Deposit required
- Saturday-to-Saturday minimum stay during high season
- Cancellation: varies by season; penalty starts at 10% fee after booking date
- High chair and crib rental available
- Rental price does not include security deposit, telephone, heating, and housekeeping services
- Check-in is 5p and check-out is 10a
- Final cleaning starts at 85€ for a family of 4