Al Gelso Bianco
Via Di Sant’ Appiano, Barberino Val D’Elsa
€ 735 per week
Starting ▴ Based on 2-3 people
take your family trip to the next level
Access our wealth of insight + travel tips.
Special rates + exclusivehotel perks.
The idyllic setting of this family-run wine and olive oil estate is a Tuscan dream. Recently restored farmhouses have been converted into seven apartments. The decor is modern, creative, and simple – perfect for young children. Outdoor spaces are phenomenal, with ample flat grass for running around, a sensational pool area, and a playground. Although the property is set up around guest autonomy, the gracious proprietor is available to answer questions and can organize private gastronomic tours of the region. Roads in and out of this area are easy to navigate, making this an ideal home-base. But beware – once you settle into Al Gelso Bianco, you may never want to leave!
- Baby Ready: Crib and highchair available. Baby equipment rentals for baby monitor, sterilizer, stroller.
- Toddler Fun: Open, safe areas for running around. Playground.
- Apartment amenities, including kitchen facilities.
- Owner available to help with local planning.
- Intimate experience with 7 apartments.
- Spectacular setting and views.
Families Should Know
- Swimming pool has a shallow end. Swimming pool is unheated & unfenced but set away from most guest rooms and surrounded by shrubbery.
- There is no onsite restaurant, but prepared meals are available on request.
- Breakfast costs 10€-20€, free for kids under 5.
- Weekly rental price includes one change of towels & final cleaning.
- Extra housekeeping w/ change of linens & towels available 30€-60€
- Suites do not have private washing machines, but shared facilities are available.
- Units have showers only, but baby tubs are available to rent for 35€/week.
- Some units are bi-level.
- Nearest hospital 15 minutes.
- Babysitting starts at 15€ per hour.
- Free WIFI in public areas and in all apartments.
Ciao Bambino Recommends For Ages:
- Baby Ready
- Toddler Fun
More To Know & Do
Sports + Activities
- horseback riding
- bike rental, including children’s bikes
- wine, olive oil, and cheese tasting
- option of cooking class for kids
- Collaboration with a nearby farm. Option of arranging donkey trek for parents and kids with a packed lunch.
- San Gimignano
- swimming pool
- free WIFI
- weekly housekeeping
- local cook on request
- shared BBQ area with tables and chairs
- satellite TV
- private parking
- hair dryer
- babysitting on request
- shared laundry facilities
- sauna and gym
- weekly wine, olive oil, and cheese tasting